Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A DAY Full of Labs.........

Good evening to everyone, tonight was a time for me to go over a few things that I need to nail down not just for the BSCI exam but for real world and for my sanity. You know I have such a hard time in remembering the authentication set up but tonight I re-did these commands until I have it down......that dang rip authentication key-string was killing me.. see below

r1(config)#key chain rip
r1(config-keychain)#key 1
r1(config-keychain)#key-string cisco
r1(config)#int s1/0
r1(config-if)#ip rip authentication mode md5
r1(config-if)#ip rip authentication key-chain rip

I'm always forgetting that key-string but tonight after labbing for over 2 hours and forgetting I hardcoded ripv2 on one of my routers.....troubleshot that for a few minutes until I ran the "sh ip protocol" and noticed I was sending vers 2 and recv vers 2 only I screamed lol...but hey thats how we all learn by making these mistakes now so they don't creep up on us later during the exam...

I'm going to take a break for a minute or two and start this ISIS...after setting it up a few times earlier today...I kinda like it better than OSPF....so much easier to configure no area 0 only areas and those L1/L2 routers.....work just like an ABR in OSPF...man I love this field....

I read a qoute and it went like this:

"Once you find something you really love to do, you'll never have to work another day in your life"

This is so true....because I'm am so fascinated on how data from point b gets to point c.... that's why they call us the plumbers of the internet...we work behind the scene to manipulate routes so that this can happen. Anyways guys I'm always checking out your post and my MAN "A" well he's hooked and I'll check out your blog a little later tonight to review lol....hey whatever works for you..I get writers cramp after writing my notes and coming here to write more notes..Nada, not going to happen but if it works for you.....do the thing...

See you guys at the cross road as always....

***mumbling, that dang key-string....ahhhhhhhh******

copy run start

No comments: